- 03-Apr-2013 to 02-Jun-2013 (CST)
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Full Time
Description-Senior Area Manager
This position supervises Area Managers, crew leaders and janitorial crew members to ensure work is completed according to contractual scope, quality specifications and safety standards, while serving as local customer service contact for the Columbus, OH area. Managing and maintaining company assets and properly managing all employee-related aspects of the district.
• Effectively controls costs as set forth by DM. Responsible for sourcing materials locally when necessary to ensure best price and budget compliance.
• Inspects equipment and validates that it is properly maintained and serviced. Assigns equipment usage. Responsible for maintaining an accurate equipment inventory and ensuring loss control measures are in place.
• Enforces compliance with approved crew routing.
• Ensures that all required reports are timely, accurate and complete.
• Fully informs DM in a timely manner of service activity issues, including progress or any deviations from the established goals or policies.
• Maintains routine contact with client's store/local manager to make sure he/she is fully satisfied with the service received.
• Addresses, solves or escalates client concerns or disputes as appropriate.
• Manages employee scheduling, which includes time off, tardiness, absences, etc and approves time sheets.
• Ensures crews are properly trained for assigned jobs to ensure quality of service and proper certification.
• Documents and appraises performance of crew leaders and janitorial crews, taking disciplinary action when necessary.
• Resolves and/or reports issues & suggest resolutions. Works with HR and/or DM on appropriate progressive discipline. Works with HR and DM to create/initiate progressive disciplinary action notices.
• Promotes employee health, safety, quality and environmentally friendly practices throughout the Area and enforces standards in the delivery of service while ensuring the timely reporting of non-compliance through proper DM channels.
• Regularly performs safety training and maintains records to the crew level.
• Ensures work is performed to specification via routine inspection and reporting process.
• Responsible for the overall safety of all personnel under their supervision. Promotes a positive safety culture in the work place through personal example and by requiring full compliance of all safety policies and procedures, and applicable federal, state and local regulations.
• Ensure appropriate management systems are implemented to address risk, workplace health and safety, incident and emergency management consistently across areas of responsibility.
• As a manager, you are required to lead by example, and ensure that all supervised employees have received HSE orientation and on the job training. The manager is directly responsible for the safety of their employees, and must ensure the following:
• Employees have safe work attitudes & behaviors as working safely is a condition of employment.
• Employees know when and how to correctly use required personal protective equipment (PPE);
• Employees understand and will follow all safety policies & procedures
• Drive the Accident Investigation process - document all accidents, safety violations, and unsafe conditions/activities.
• Promote return to work capabilities as quickly as medically possible (full or modified duty).
• All other duties as assigned
Business Development and/or Sales experience a plus
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word and Excel
• Must have three to five years relevant job experience in Retail Janitorial Management
• Must have at least 2 years of verifiable supervisory experience
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Valid driver's license and meets company fleet safety requirements
• Must travel assigned areas
• Strong communication and customer service skills
• Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) a plus
• Must be able to multi-task
• Focuses on the achievement of objectives and standards.
• Strives to improve or meet a standard of excellence
• Demonstrates a genuine willingness to learn from feedback and experience, and changes their behavior as a result
• Does what is right to achieve team goals and consistently works towards team success
Builds and maintains relationships with both internal and external customers and works with them to meet or exceed their expectations
Minimum Experience: 5 year industry experience
Salary Range: $40K-$45K plus car allowance.
Must be able to pass a background check and authorized to work in the United States.
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO email@example.com
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!